Jagex Employ New Head Of Global Marketing
Jagex, developers of the long-living free to play MMORPG, Runescape, have recently announced a shuffle in staff as they’ve recruited a new head of global marketing, Simon Etchells. Simon has had well over 15 years experience in the field of video-games, working for big names such as Square Enix, LucasArts and Nokia.
Although this seems like a positive move, I can’t help but think, how much good can it do? Runescape has been around 10 years now, and in that time it has had well over 150 million players register. How many more people could they appeal to? Any gamer I’ve come into contact with has heard of Runescape, most have played it and stopped, others have played it and not enjoyed it. I guess there’s the new generation of gamers to pull in but still, the reputation of the game spreads to ever corner of the free to play industry. Maybe they’ve got some more plans up their sleeve.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32