Jagex Employ New Head Of Global Marketing
Jagex, developers of the long-living free to play MMORPG, Runescape, have recently announced a shuffle in staff as they’ve recruited a new head of global marketing, Simon Etchells. Simon has had well over 15 years experience in the field of video-games, working for big names such as Square Enix, LucasArts and Nokia.
Although this seems like a positive move, I can’t help but think, how much good can it do? Runescape has been around 10 years now, and in that time it has had well over 150 million players register. How many more people could they appeal to? Any gamer I’ve come into contact with has heard of Runescape, most have played it and stopped, others have played it and not enjoyed it. I guess there’s the new generation of gamers to pull in but still, the reputation of the game spreads to ever corner of the free to play industry. Maybe they’ve got some more plans up their sleeve.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Operation Endless Skies Update Now Live In Warface May 22, 2015
- Elsword Online Celebrates 4th Anniversary May 22, 2015
- Armored Warfare Early Access Dated May 22, 2015
- Dragon’s Prophet Welcomes Shadow Of Betrayal Content Update May 21, 2015
- Top 5 Free-To-Play MMO Games Like Minecraft (Voxel-Based MMO Games) 2015-05-14 23:48:26