Heartwarming MechWarrior Community Hosts Charity Event
The MechWarrior Online community are currently in the middle of a heartwarming charity event as they raise funds for Canadian Cancer Society following the tragic loss of Sarah Parries, a dedicated 5yr old MechWarrior Online fan.
The five year old Vancouver native loved piloting the Jenner ‘Mech in MechWarrior Online with her father, Jon Parries. Calling the enemy ‘Mechs “baddies”, she and her father dominated the Inner Sphere on a regular basis in the current Open Beta. Her favorite ‘Mech chassis was the Jenner ‘Mech with streak SRMs, “because she liked to move fast, lock on, and liked using night vision,” according to her father.
“Sarah’s passion for ‘Mechs and her battle with cancer had a profound impact everyone at Piranha,” said Russ Bullock, president of Piranha Games. “She was an inspiration with her passion and energy for the game and our hearts and deepest condolences go out to her family. The outpouring of heartfelt sympathy from the MechWarrior community and the support and encouragement we’ve received to develop this unique ‘Mech has been nothing short of incredible. We have the best fans in the world.”
The generosity of the gaming community never ceases to amaze me. Players will be able to purchase the limited-time Sarah Mech to support the cause, I guarantee there’s you’ll never spend a better $10.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22