Guild Wars To Remain Open
In a recent announcement from ArenaNet, Chris Lye explained how NCSoft hope to keep the original Guild Wars universe online, even after the highly anticipated Guild Wars 2 release. Guild Wars is known for its unique approach to online gaming, never asking players for a subscription fee but still offering all the splendors associated with top flight pay to play MMORPG games. This recipe for success has proven itself time and time again with Guild Wars still maintaining a highly active and dedicated player base.
Guild Wars 2 is set to improve on every area, with a new take on previous instancing mechanics, an array of new classes, skills and abilities as well as far more PvP opportunities, with all the improvements said to be made on the first Guild Wars release, industry experts are questioning if players will continue to play the aging MMO title but NCSoft are standing firm promising to keep the servers live for as long as there’s an active player base.
Both titles require a one off payment for the game but no continual subscription fees, this means that players that already own GW and the expansions could quite easily buy GW2 and any future content updates and still continue to play the original Guild Wars for no extra investment.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Onigiri Now Available On PlayStation 4 October 8, 2015
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta Imminent October 8, 2015
- Orsinium Announced As Next DLC For The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited October 7, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends November Closed Beta Announced October 7, 2015
- The Taken King Has Restored My Interest In Destiny 2015-09-20 00:28:29