Guild Wars To Remain Open
In a recent announcement from ArenaNet, Chris Lye explained how NCSoft hope to keep the original Guild Wars universe online, even after the highly anticipated Guild Wars 2 release. Guild Wars is known for its unique approach to online gaming, never asking players for a subscription fee but still offering all the splendors associated with top flight pay to play MMORPG games. This recipe for success has proven itself time and time again with Guild Wars still maintaining a highly active and dedicated player base.
Guild Wars 2 is set to improve on every area, with a new take on previous instancing mechanics, an array of new classes, skills and abilities as well as far more PvP opportunities, with all the improvements said to be made on the first Guild Wars release, industry experts are questioning if players will continue to play the aging MMO title but NCSoft are standing firm promising to keep the servers live for as long as there’s an active player base.
Both titles require a one off payment for the game but no continual subscription fees, this means that players that already own GW and the expansions could quite easily buy GW2 and any future content updates and still continue to play the original Guild Wars for no extra investment.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Gamescom To Welcome New World Of Warcraft Expansion Announcement July 31, 2015
- Heart Of Thorns Beta Scheduled For August 7th July 31, 2015
- Stardust Land Update Announced For Archlord 2 July 28, 2015
- ArcheAge Power Unbound Event Announced July 28, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42