Guild Wars 2 Micro Transaction Details Announced
A recent announcement from Mike O’Brien, founder of Arena.Net, included details on the micro transaction system for the upcoming MMORPG, Guild Wars 2. We’re all familiar with “pay to win” games, titles that require players to spend real cash to advance at a decent speed, or compete with other players. Will Guild Wars 2 follow the same path?
The short answer, no. Mike O’Brien specifically stated that they believe players should be able to purchase items “that help them express themselves” and “provide more visual distinction”. They’re going to avoid offering overpowered items and the likes, instead they’re going to focus on cosmetic equipment and other appearance altering items. Players will also be able to buy the in-game currency, Gold, for the micro transaction currency, Gems, from other players. Arena.Net are trying to reduce the impact of RMT trading and hope this new approach will help towards that goal.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Maple Story & Sword Art Online Crossover Event September 22, 2014
- Conquer Online To Feature Iconic Name In Martial Arts September 22, 2014
- Shroud Of The Avatar Heading To Greenlight September 22, 2014
- New Patch For The Stomping Lands – After 4 Months Of Nothing September 22, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21