Guild Wars 2 Micro Transaction Details Announced
A recent announcement from Mike O’Brien, founder of Arena.Net, included details on the micro transaction system for the upcoming MMORPG, Guild Wars 2. We’re all familiar with “pay to win” games, titles that require players to spend real cash to advance at a decent speed, or compete with other players. Will Guild Wars 2 follow the same path?
The short answer, no. Mike O’Brien specifically stated that they believe players should be able to purchase items “that help them express themselves” and “provide more visual distinction”. They’re going to avoid offering overpowered items and the likes, instead they’re going to focus on cosmetic equipment and other appearance altering items. Players will also be able to buy the in-game currency, Gold, for the micro transaction currency, Gems, from other players. Arena.Net are trying to reduce the impact of RMT trading and hope this new approach will help towards that goal.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22