GameForge Release 100 Employees
Popular German gaming publishers GameForge made a shock announcement earlier today including details of their recent downsize in staff. The company has laid off over 100 MMO-related employees, although no information was given at the time, a later announcement included more information on what games would suffer as a result of the lay-offs. GameForge has successfully developed and publish MMO games for years, focusing mainly on the browser-based titles, they’ve had success with the likes of BattleKnight and Metin2.
Sadly the beta, and presumably the development, of the upcoming Star Trek: Infinite Space will be put on hold while GameForge look for publishing partners. This comes as sad news for fans of the Star Trek franchise as Cryptic’s adaptation has failed to impress the masses.
We’re sure more games we’ll be effected, we’ll let you know of any developments.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- XP Event For Star Trek Online Begins Today March 7, 2014
- Player Housing Heading To The Old Republic March 7, 2014
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19