GameForge Release 100 Employees
Popular German gaming publishers GameForge made a shock announcement earlier today including details of their recent downsize in staff. The company has laid off over 100 MMO-related employees, although no information was given at the time, a later announcement included more information on what games would suffer as a result of the lay-offs. GameForge has successfully developed and publish MMO games for years, focusing mainly on the browser-based titles, they’ve had success with the likes of BattleKnight and Metin2.
Sadly the beta, and presumably the development, of the upcoming Star Trek: Infinite Space will be put on hold while GameForge look for publishing partners. This comes as sad news for fans of the Star Trek franchise as Cryptic’s adaptation has failed to impress the masses.
We’re sure more games we’ll be effected, we’ll let you know of any developments.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Aeria Games Introduce Community Created Content To S4 League August 26, 2015
- R2Games Announce Winterfrost Alpha August 26, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07