Funcom Announce New Content For Struggling Secret World
After many delays, Funcom have announced the release of the second major update to their struggling pay to play MMORPG, The Secret World. The update, titled Issue #2: Digging Deeper, was originally meant to release a couple of weeks back, but was delayed due to company layoffs and unforeseen problems. Releasing only 2 months after the first major content update, Issue #1: Unleashed, a large update this quickly would usually be a great sign for an MMO game, but The Secret World has been struggling since its official launch.
“When we revealed our post-launch content plan it was to assure our players that we are committed to expanding the game long after launch,” said Creative Director and Senior Producer Ragnar Tørnquist. “With two major content updates delivered in less than three months after launch, I think we have definitely shown just how committed we are to the game. We are far from done, and in the next few months players will see everything from story-based seasonal events to our first ever raid.”
The new update includes new action and investigation missions, as well as two new exciting dungeons for players to explore. It’s going to have to be one hell of an update to lift The Secret World out of its current slump, but with free to play rumors and the recent release of Guild Wars 2, it’s not looking great for Funcom’s latest MMO.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Carbine Studios’ Jeremy Gaffney Stepping Down August 27, 2014
- GamersFirst and PWE Join Forces To Deliver APB: Reloaded On Arc August 27, 2014
- End Of Season Rewards Revealed For League Of Legends August 26, 2014
- It’s Getting Murderous In Velvet Sundown August 26, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21