Frogster Announce Closure Of Eligium Servers
Frogster have just announced that their unique fantasy MMORPG, Eligium, will be closing its servers on July 17th, 2012. Eligium is still a baby in MMORPG terms, only beginning its open beta in February 2012, and then closing within 6 months of going live.
The reports from the beta were great, many players swamped in to try the innovative title and success looked to be a sure thing, but sadly Frogster doesn’t agree. According to a post on the Eligium website, Frogster have opted to close the game as it does not meet the high expectations of Frogster as a free online MMO game publisher.
Players can still log in and play but as from July 17th, Frogster will no longer support Eligium. There hasn’t been a mention of any other publisher picking up the title, but we’ll let you know if we hear different.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Hercules Joins The Ranks Of Grepolis August 28, 2014
- Call Of Alliance Closed Beta Launch August 28, 2014
- Carbine Studios’ Jeremy Gaffney Stepping Down August 27, 2014
- GamersFirst and PWE Join Forces To Deliver APB: Reloaded On Arc August 27, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21