Everquest II Going Free To Play
Sony Entertainment Online have finally succumbed to industry pressure and have announced the imminent release of a proper free to play model for Everquest II. Everquest II players will be familiar with the current free to play option using restricted servers, this didn’t really have the effect Sony were hoping for as none of the F2P servers are heavily populated.
The new free to play model will follow a more typical structure for the industry, allowing players to experience the majority of in-game content but having the choice of purchasing in-game items via micro transactions. In the announcement they also mentioned a change to the current development style of the game, taking a more free approach and releasing content based on player choice and opinion polls. This has already been met with positive feedback but we’ve all been victim to empty promises in the MMO world.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- New British Tank Destroyers Arriving In World Of Tanks December 22, 2014
- Real World Billionaire Challenged To Repeat Success In Virtual MMO Economy December 22, 2014
- SMITE God Giveaway – Awilix December 19, 2014
- Curse Voice To Power SMITE World Championships December 19, 2014
- Top 10 Highest Grossing Free-To-Play MMO Games 2014 2014-12-21 17:22:20