Eve Online Scam Nets Creators $51,000
Eve Online is loved by many for its sandbox approach and depth of its features but there’s a darker side to this popular space age title. Scamming is totally legal and considered by many to be one of the highlights of the game, players can trick, steal and lie to get what they want with no fear of punishment or account suspension. Although this leaves a lot of players out of Isk and complaining, others argue that if you’re stupid enough to fall for a scam, the culprits deserve your hard earned Isk.
Many famous scams have been spread all over the internet in recent years but this latest scam by Eddie Lampert and Mordor Exuel has broken all previous records in regards to the amount stolen. The pair spent their time traveling through space trying to persuade users to invest in a banking scheme promising to earn them a whopping 5% interest on any investment with no work or effort involved on the investors part. This went on for about 8 months and plenty of players saw profit but they closed their website down today leaving the message “The ISK is gone; you will not see it ever again.”
The pair managed to convince over 4,000 users to part with over a trillion Isk, to put this into real money perspective, they would be able to sell game time cards bought with the Isk for over $50,000. It’s not an honest living but you can’t help but admire the ingenuity.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Steam Launch Of Villagers And Heroes Joined By New Expansion April 17, 2014
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32