EVE Online Raises $190 Million For Typhoon Relief
MMORPG.com recently reported that EVE Online players and CCP Games have raised over $190 million on behalf of Philippine typhoon victims. Thanks to special fundraising live stream events and the generosity of its community, EVE Online has taken to the forefront of charity drives, becoming one of the most successful charity fundraisers in the online gaming world.
While the interactive content of the telethon was on the lighter side, the heartfelt thanks from CCP’s development staff to its players is very sincere. Every milestone was reached and well surpassed. “We often talk about how EVE is ‘real’, a simulation of humanity where there are few rules and all the economic, political and social forces of human nature push the boundaries of morality in all directions,” said Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO of CCP, “We’ve seen the passionate side of our players over the past decade, but truly nothing could prepare us for this level of generosity from them. It is humbling. It is beautiful. It is what EVE is really about.”
For more information on the critically acclaimed features within EVE Online, click here.
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#Pc5vGZUdqae6vrhY.99
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07