EVE Online Raises $190 Million For Typhoon Relief
MMORPG.com recently reported that EVE Online players and CCP Games have raised over $190 million on behalf of Philippine typhoon victims. Thanks to special fundraising live stream events and the generosity of its community, EVE Online has taken to the forefront of charity drives, becoming one of the most successful charity fundraisers in the online gaming world.
While the interactive content of the telethon was on the lighter side, the heartfelt thanks from CCP’s development staff to its players is very sincere. Every milestone was reached and well surpassed. “We often talk about how EVE is ‘real’, a simulation of humanity where there are few rules and all the economic, political and social forces of human nature push the boundaries of morality in all directions,” said Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO of CCP, “We’ve seen the passionate side of our players over the past decade, but truly nothing could prepare us for this level of generosity from them. It is humbling. It is beautiful. It is what EVE is really about.”
For more information on the critically acclaimed features within EVE Online, click here.
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#Pc5vGZUdqae6vrhY.99
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- Manual Targeting Hardcore MMO Sphere 3: Enchanted World Launching December 2nd November 25, 2015
- Riot Games Continue Efforts To Clean Up League Of Legends Community November 25, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22