EVE Online – Dominion Launch
CCP launches Dominion the latest free expansion for EVE Online which brings new sovereignty system, purty planets and skyboxes, and much more.
Deployment of EVE Online: Dominion will begin at 02:00 GMT/UTC on Tuesday, December 1, 2009.
Downtime is expected to last for 19 hours and we expect to be back up at 21:00 GMT/UTC. Tranquility will be offline for the duration of the deployment. The EVE API will be unavailable during this time and the EVE website, Account Management and forums, which will be disabled temporarily, will be restored later in the day. Pilots are advised to set a long-training skill for the duration of the deployment. Patch notes can be found here: http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp
FEATURES More Corification
- The user system of EVE got corified in order to be more easily used in other CCP products.
- The UI was also corified and is now hardcore.
- A new sovereignty system has been introduced to replace the old mechanic of Starbases for laying claim to territory. Full details can be found in CCP Abathur’s blog Dominion – Storming the Gates
- A new way for players to upgrade claimed systems has been introduced. Full details can be found in CCP Abathur’s blog Dominion Upkeep and Upgrades: The Expanded Edition
- New data and views on sovereignty through the sovereignty dashboard which will provide detailed information on the status of every solar system
- New and improved views and statistics through the universe map which includes a new territorial influence map
- We have added four new Navy battleships, based on Tier 1 battleship hulls and obtainable from Factional Warfare LP stores exclusively. They are the Navy Armageddon, Navy Scorpion, Navy Dominix and Fleet Typhoon. Full details on ship layouts and attributes can be found in CCP Ytterbium’s blog Adding flavour to your faction meal.
- The Citadel Cruise Launcher I has been introduced which is designed for Capital class ships.
Weapons & Ammunition
- Four new Citadel Cruise Missiles have been added. These are designed for use against other capital class ships, and have a reduced damage against smaller ships. Blueprints for the module and the ammo will be available on the market. The new missile names are Catastrophe Citadel Cruise Missile, Rajas Citadel Cruise Missile, Sol Citadel Cruise Missile and Thunar Citadel Cruise Missile
- The skill “Citadel Cruise Missiles” has been seeded on the market. This is required to use the new Citadel Cruise Launcher I.
Starbases, Outposts and Stations
- Players have access to new assets related to Sovereignty, including the Infrastructure Hub, Sovereignty Blockade unit and the Territorial Claim Unit.
Character Creation and New Player Experience
- Two new career paths have been introduced: Exploration, which teaches players about scanning and exploration sites, and Advanced Military, which builds on the first Military career path and introduced more advanced combat tactics. The agents with these missions have been added to the career agent window and are located in the same station as the other career agents.
- Added new tutorials under the new category Advanced Military, including information on remote repair modules, stasis webifiers, warp disruptors, and more.
- Added new tutorials under the new category Exploration, including instruction on how to use the on-board scanner and scan probes along with information on the different types of exploration sites.
- Players being attacked by a Faction Police will not trigger a Faction Navy response as well if they do not have negative faction standings or are not participating in Factional Warfare.
Agents & Missions
- Two new Epic Mission Arcs have been added, one for the Angel Cartel and one for the Gurista Pirates. These arcs take place in 0.0 regions and are designed for interceptors and other evasive frigates.
- Angel Cartel Epic Mission Arc agents have been added. Aton Hordner in Egbinger, Arajna Ashia in Sendaya, Ellar Stin in Konora, and Abdiel Verat in K-QWHE.
- Guristas Epic Mission Arc agents have been added. Arment Caute in Orvolle, Atma Aulato in Obe, Yada Vinjivas in Taisy, and Kori Latamaki in H-PA29.
- It is now impossible for players to never have access to agents. Level 1 agents, up to Quality 0, will be available to all players regardless of their faction, corporation, or personal standing with the agent. This does not affect Research Agents or access to the character location service offered by some agents, they maintain their high standards.
- An exploration career path has been added to the new player experience. These missions will be available in the same stations as the older career paths (Business, Industry and Military). Here is a list of the agents giving out the new career path. Amarr – Aire Arryns, Ketandia Iosos, Raish Okarema. Caldari – Unachi Arikola, Chigas Ovoken, Rimaremi Tasanen. Gallente – Potillot Mumnier, Olarie Lacenten, Agalle Vacoloure. Minmatar – Kaker Ebalo, Wettor Fugen, Bradondar Alfalur.
- An “Advanced Warfare” career path has been added to the new player experience. These missions will be available in the same stations as the older career paths (Business, Industry, and Military). New Advance Warfare agents have been commissioned to teach new players. Amarr – Hadana Avyer, Navai Mosten, Kiamarian Nagakoun. Caldari – Shiokala Notaja, Ijumachi Vuonolailen, Anmon Otsi. Gallente – Ettes Alureel, Cala Baliaerdt, Gosauvel Aulbres. Minmatar – Gonakis Eraettafrin, Artgert Ardreas, Sut Bjar
- New Gallente Storyline missions, levels 1 through 4 have been introduced, reacting to the recent purchase of contested systems by Caldari megacorps.
- Missions that can be accepted or completed remotely (not at the agent’s location) now have an icon in the mission journal to indicate this. Note: currently this is only valid for epic missions.
Market & Contracts
- Removal of Freeform contracts. These types of contracts have now been completely removed from the system.
Corporation & Alliance
- Corporation, alliance and militia fleets can be registered into a fleet finder, this will allow people to look up your fleet and join it without an explicit invite from the commander. Full details are available in the blog by CCP Atlas Now, where did I put that fleet?
- There is now an “apply to join” button on a player corporation’s show info page. You are no longer required to fly to the office to join a player corporation. There is also an option for a corporation to disable applications made through this button.
- Corporations and Alliances now have a Bulletin Board accessible from the Corporation Neocom window.
- Each corporation and alliance can have a maximum of 10 bulletins of up to 2000 characters each available at once.
- The role “Communications Officer” has permission to add/edit/delete bulletins for the corporation and alliance.
- The bulletins are cached for 15 minutes so if you make changes expect up to that long to pass before other people will see it.
- Voice fonts have been added to chat channels.This will be added in a future release.
- Damage notification plays a warning sound whenever your shield / hull / armor drops below a certain threshold.
- Threshold for damage notification is customizable from the HUD settings.
- The jukebox now uses MP3 format for its music. Additionally, custom playlists may be specified.
- MP3 based Jukebox now supports custom play-lists in .m3u / .pls / .ram / .pink format.
- Jukebox supports folder loading.
- Planets and Moons in EVE have received a complete graphics overhaul. Brand new stunning graphics and high resolution textures have been added throughout New Eden.
- New racial Doomsday weapon effects have been added.
- The UI is now flatter and squarer.
- Players can now get the repair quote on items through the right click menu, if the station they are in has a repair service.
- The location of your clone is now displayed on the character sheet under the clone grade.
- There are now wallet entries for corporation taxes perceived on mission rewards, mission bonus rewards and NPC bounties with a value of over 100.000 ISK.
- If you use a non-recurring payment method such as PLEX or ETC and have 10 days or less left on your account you will be shown an info message in the character selection screen.
- It is now possible to view the content of containers and ships remotely. Note that you can not view the contents of password locked containers.
- You can now advertise your fleet on various levels in the new fleet finder making it easier for people to join fun stuff.
- A new “Loot Logging” optional mode has been added for fleets. This works for taking from cans and wrecks as well as for salvaging and mining. Everyone in the fleet will be notified of all these events. You can then export the logs as a text file.
- The broadcasts have been revamped so that the sender now always controls which group receives the broadcast instead of it being implicit to the broadcast type.
- The Fleet and Fleet Broadcast windows have been combined in one along with the Fleet Finder. This window can be closed.
- You will now autojoin your fleet again if you connect within 2 minutes of being disconnected. You will not enter your old position within the fleet however.
- A lot of usability fixes have been made to fleets.
- You can now report players as ‘ISK Spammer’ from the right click menu of a character in chat. This will remove all their messages from that channel and report it to the GM’s
- ‘Show Info’ link is now available on a pilot inviting you to chat.
EVE Voice, Mail & Chat
- The old EVE mail and mailing list system got replaced by a new and better one. It can be sorted by date and much more! See CCP Caedmon’s dev blog New EVEMail in Dominion for more information.
EVE API & Static Data Dump
- New Sovereignty and EVE Mail API has been added. You can view CCP Elerhino’s dev blog Dominion – API for details.
In Game Browser
- We have replaced the old in game browser (IGB) with a modern version based on Chromium. Full details can be found in CCP /Pleognost’s blog In-Game Browser: Moondoggie’s Latest Adventures
- Intaki V – M5 – Astral Mining Inc. Refinery now has some Ishukone and Mordu’s NPC’s flying around outside the station.
- You can now pull PLEX items out of the game and into the redeeming system so that these items can be used on the Eve-Online website.
- New warp-in points for planets are at a more scenic location than previously and will give you a better sense of scale than before. Warp-in points for moons have not changed.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Firefly Cast To Reunite For MMO July 29, 2014
- Twitch.TV Integration Heading To Runescape July 29, 2014
- Transformers Universe Gets Hot On Two Wheels July 28, 2014
- World Of Tanks & World Of Warplanes Get Stream Friendly July 28, 2014