Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Getting Removed
Blizzard’s original announcement for the real-money auction house in the critically acclaimed dungeon crawler, Diablo III, was met with mixed receptions and it appears the more negative amongst us were right. The auction house has failed to impress the community on both the PC and PlayStation 3, prompting the MMO giants to release the following announcement.
When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we’ve mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo’s core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we’ve decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.
Whether it will prove to be good news in the long run is yet to be seen but this announcement addresses concerns expressed by at least a small portion of the player base.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Bigpoint Announce Rise Of Balor Expansion For Drakensang Online August 2, 2015
- New Hardcore FPS Set To Release In August – Dead Union August 2, 2015
- Skyforge Crucible Of The God’s Update Announced August 1, 2015
- World Of Tanks Invades Xbox One August 1, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42