Defense Of The Ancients 2 Beta Begins
The original Defense of the Ancients is widely considered to be the reason for the recently expanded MOBA genre, a genre that wasn’t even given a name until recently. The original title paved the way for successful games such as League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth and now Valve are planning to blow the genre wide open with the highly anticipated Defense of the Ancients 2.
The Closed Beta period has begun and Valve has started throwing out large-scale invites today, I’m sure there’s already a severe shortage of F5 keys as people are rapidly refreshing their inbox in the hopes of getting their invite. Players can rest easy knowing that you have more chance to get into the beta thanks to Valve’s idea to award each player with 3 beta codes. Anyone that has signed up and gains access to the beta will be able to invite up to 2 extra friends to join them.
DotA is arguably the most original MOBA title created, it’s going to be very interesting to see how DotA2 will compared and whether or not it can dethrone current MOBA giant League of Legends.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Version 4.8 Launched For Aion October 1, 2015
- Block N Load Launches Free-To-Play October 1, 2015
- MMO Social Network Reaches 500k Members October 1, 2015
- EverQuest II Prepares To Welcome Sundered Ground Expansion October 1, 2015
- The Taken King Has Restored My Interest In Destiny 2015-09-20 00:28:29