DCUO Tests New Server Technology
Anyone that has played DC Universe Online will have experienced the horrible server queue times that have plagued the game since launch, players have noted waiting up to 30 minutes to be able to log in and play. This created a lot of negative feedback on the forums as players that pay to play a game expected a lot more from an experienced company like SEO.
In an official statement earlier this week, SEO explained that they were aware of the issues regarding the queue times and have drastic plans in action to address the problem. They mentioned testing a new technology to combine current servers to create new “Super-Servers”. These new Super-Servers will allow players to join servers that are platform and region based, bringing a total of 4 servers to the new DCUO patcher.
They hope to test the new technology on the PC version of the game later this month and will use the experience to fine tune the new technology and iron out any issues before releasing it for the PS3. They gave no official release date in their statement but mentioned it was one of the top priorities and would be addressed as soon as possible
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Manual Targeting Hardcore MMO Sphere 3: Enchanted World Launching December 2nd November 25, 2015
- Riot Games Continue Efforts To Clean Up League Of Legends Community November 25, 2015
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Early Access For Closed Beta Testers November 24, 2015
- Devilian Open Beta Coming Wednesday December 2nd November 24, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22