Dawntide Closing For 1-2 Months
Dawntide is a struggling sandbox MMORPG that has been in open beta testing for some time now. The game has been plagued with many issues, including technical problems, an empty game world and a number of balance issues that you’d usually associate with a new sandbox title.
A recent announcement from the developers told fans that they would be closing the testing servers for a period of 1-2 months while they redesign the entire game world. According to the post, recent improvements in the shader and terrain areas of their engine will allow them to provide “a much better experience” for both current and new players.
The sandbox niche is a deadly one, plenty of big name MMO titles such as Mortal Online and Darkfall Online have all failed at impressing the masses, Dawntide is the latest casualty. Let’s hope that a couple of months downtime brings us a game truly worthy of the sandbox genre.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- Manual Targeting Hardcore MMO Sphere 3: Enchanted World Launching December 2nd November 25, 2015
- Riot Games Continue Efforts To Clean Up League Of Legends Community November 25, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22