Dawntide Closing For 1-2 Months
Dawntide is a struggling sandbox MMORPG that has been in open beta testing for some time now. The game has been plagued with many issues, including technical problems, an empty game world and a number of balance issues that you’d usually associate with a new sandbox title.
A recent announcement from the developers told fans that they would be closing the testing servers for a period of 1-2 months while they redesign the entire game world. According to the post, recent improvements in the shader and terrain areas of their engine will allow them to provide “a much better experience” for both current and new players.
The sandbox niche is a deadly one, plenty of big name MMO titles such as Mortal Online and Darkfall Online have all failed at impressing the masses, Dawntide is the latest casualty. Let’s hope that a couple of months downtime brings us a game truly worthy of the sandbox genre.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- New Physics Engine Revealed For World Of Tanks March 5, 2014
- Albion Online Alpha Date Announced March 5, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19