Dawntide Closing For 1-2 Months
Dawntide is a struggling sandbox MMORPG that has been in open beta testing for some time now. The game has been plagued with many issues, including technical problems, an empty game world and a number of balance issues that you’d usually associate with a new sandbox title.
A recent announcement from the developers told fans that they would be closing the testing servers for a period of 1-2 months while they redesign the entire game world. According to the post, recent improvements in the shader and terrain areas of their engine will allow them to provide “a much better experience” for both current and new players.
The sandbox niche is a deadly one, plenty of big name MMO titles such as Mortal Online and Darkfall Online have all failed at impressing the masses, Dawntide is the latest casualty. Let’s hope that a couple of months downtime brings us a game truly worthy of the sandbox genre.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07