Cybersports Set To Release New Casual Soccer MMO
The developers of the first proper real-time Soccer MMO, Football Superstars, recently announced another Soccer game, set to go live later this month. Striker Superstars is a free to play browser-based soccer game, allowing players to join up with friends and play in 5-a-side games, with each player on the pitch being human controlled, with the exception of an A.I goalkeeper. Unlike current Soccer games such as Goal United, the game doesn’t offer any management features and is fully real-time.
Football Superstars has enjoyed moderate success as a free to play title, recently releasing a huge patch that added specializations and new items, but many casual players just don’t have the time to wait around for games or spend 30 minutes playing. In a statement released from Cybersports, they said that the new Striker Superstars game is intended to allow players a quick, pick-up-and-play game without the restrictions and punishments of the current Football Superstars system.
The game is currently in an invite only closed-beta stage, which is mainly full of FS players. There has not been an official release date announced yet but our sources say that you can expect an October release.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Latest SMITE God Debuts – It’s A Walking Tree October 1, 2014
- Darkfall: Unholy Wars Free Weekend Announced October 1, 2014
- Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Hits Mobile Platforms Today September 30, 2014
- Stormthrone Teaser Site Revealed September 30, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21