Cryptic Studios Joins Perfect World Entertainment
In a surprise announcement on the Cryptic Website, details emerged of a new partnership with Perfect World Entertainment. Cryptic (Most known for their super hero MMO titles) have been under financial strain for some time now after their latest MMO failed to attract enough players. They’ve since changed Champions Online to a free to play model, but it still didn’t supply the revenue boost they were hoping for.
In the announcement, Cryptic’s Dan Stahl said he was over the moon that Cryptic have become a subsidiary of Perfect World as PWE is considered by many to be one of the most successful game publishers on the internet. With big titles such as Rusty Hearts and Perfect World in their arsenal, they’re well aware of what it takes to make a free to play title work. Very little information was released in regards to what this means for Cryptic’s current MMO titles but with a new injection of cash and some new developers on board, players are eager to hear more news.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Goodgame Studios Pleased With Success Of Shadow Kings August 22, 2014
- MU Classic Closed Beta Announced August 22, 2014
- PvE Takes To The Skies In World Of Warplanes August 21, 2014
- Latest Video For The Crew – It’s A Playground August 21, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21