City Of Heroes And Paragon Studios Announce Cease Of Services
NCSoft have just announced the immediate closure of Paragon Studios and the upcoming closure of their superhero themed MMORPG, City of Heroes. Launching almost 8 years ago, City of Heroes paved the way for the superhero MMO genre, and was one of the first ever MMORPG games to feature such an extensive character creation system.
It’s a sad day when any MMO closes its doors, but this is especially the case when its such a genre defining game. Thanks to the efforts of the Paragon Studios team, many other development teams noticed the potential for an online superhero MMO game and they’ve been coming thick and fast ever since. Titles like DC Universe Online and Marvel Super Hero Squad Online have both enjoyed success in the MMO world, and the superhero genre continues to expand with the upcoming Marvel Universe.
Hats off to all of those at Paragon Studios for giving us all such a great game to play over the last 8 years, here’s to hoping they all move to greener pastures.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32