City Of Heroes And Paragon Studios Announce Cease Of Services
NCSoft have just announced the immediate closure of Paragon Studios and the upcoming closure of their superhero themed MMORPG, City of Heroes. Launching almost 8 years ago, City of Heroes paved the way for the superhero MMO genre, and was one of the first ever MMORPG games to feature such an extensive character creation system.
It’s a sad day when any MMO closes its doors, but this is especially the case when its such a genre defining game. Thanks to the efforts of the Paragon Studios team, many other development teams noticed the potential for an online superhero MMO game and they’ve been coming thick and fast ever since. Titles like DC Universe Online and Marvel Super Hero Squad Online have both enjoyed success in the MMO world, and the superhero genre continues to expand with the upcoming Marvel Universe.
Hats off to all of those at Paragon Studios for giving us all such a great game to play over the last 8 years, here’s to hoping they all move to greener pastures.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07