Blizzard Announces 600 Job Cuts For Its MMO Services
Blizzard, publishers of one of the most popular MMORPG games of all time, World of Warcraft, as well as many other successful games such as Diablo, have just announced that they will be laying off over 600 employees in the coming weeks.
Although they didn’t say exactly what departments would be getting cut, they did say that approximately 10% of the proposed job cuts will be from the development team, with the marketing and customer service departments filling out the other 90%. Many are saying WoW will need to convert to a proper free to play model in order to keep up the player-base, others are saying WoW has passed its prime and is on the way out as leader of the MMO genre. What do you think?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Jordas Precept Introduces Epic New Content To Warframe October 6, 2015
- Version 4.8 Launched For Aion October 1, 2015
- Block N Load Launches Free-To-Play October 1, 2015
- MMO Social Network Reaches 500k Members October 1, 2015
- The Taken King Has Restored My Interest In Destiny 2015-09-20 00:28:29