Blizzard Announces 600 Job Cuts For Its MMO Services
Blizzard, publishers of one of the most popular MMORPG games of all time, World of Warcraft, as well as many other successful games such as Diablo, have just announced that they will be laying off over 600 employees in the coming weeks.
Although they didn’t say exactly what departments would be getting cut, they did say that approximately 10% of the proposed job cuts will be from the development team, with the marketing and customer service departments filling out the other 90%. Many are saying WoW will need to convert to a proper free to play model in order to keep up the player-base, others are saying WoW has passed its prime and is on the way out as leader of the MMO genre. What do you think?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22