Blizzard Announces 600 Job Cuts For Its MMO Services
Blizzard, publishers of one of the most popular MMORPG games of all time, World of Warcraft, as well as many other successful games such as Diablo, have just announced that they will be laying off over 600 employees in the coming weeks.
Although they didn’t say exactly what departments would be getting cut, they did say that approximately 10% of the proposed job cuts will be from the development team, with the marketing and customer service departments filling out the other 90%. Many are saying WoW will need to convert to a proper free to play model in order to keep up the player-base, others are saying WoW has passed its prime and is on the way out as leader of the MMO genre. What do you think?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32