Blizzard Announces 600 Job Cuts For Its MMO Services
Blizzard, publishers of one of the most popular MMORPG games of all time, World of Warcraft, as well as many other successful games such as Diablo, have just announced that they will be laying off over 600 employees in the coming weeks.
Although they didn’t say exactly what departments would be getting cut, they did say that approximately 10% of the proposed job cuts will be from the development team, with the marketing and customer service departments filling out the other 90%. Many are saying WoW will need to convert to a proper free to play model in order to keep up the player-base, others are saying WoW has passed its prime and is on the way out as leader of the MMO genre. What do you think?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Skyforge Crucible Of The God’s Update Announced August 1, 2015
- World Of Tanks Invades Xbox One August 1, 2015
- Gamescom To Welcome New World Of Warcraft Expansion Announcement July 31, 2015
- Heart Of Thorns Beta Scheduled For August 7th July 31, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42