APB Reloads For Another “Final Launch”
Originally developed by Realtime Worlds and Released on June 6th, All Points Bulletin was filled with bugs and server issues which drove most of the initial player-base to take their subscriptions elsewhere. Within 2 months of the first official launch, Realtime Worlds went into administration and was forced to sell the title for $1.5 million to popular gaming hub, GamersFirst, producers of popular free to play titles including WarRock and Fallen Earth.
Relaunching as APB:Reloaded, the game has been in an Open Beta testing phase for several months now but a recent announcement on the official APB blog said that developers expect the official GamersFirst launch to be within the next couple of months. The announcement also went into details on the fixes they plan to implement before the game goes live including adding new game types such as Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag and addressing the issue of wallhacks and aimbots that have plagued the game since its first launch with Realtime Worlds.
The major difference between both official launches is the fact that APB is now available as a free to play title, which has already proven to appeal to more players than the original version. Let’s hope the launch is better this time round.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Albion Online Closed Beta Roadmap Release August 4, 2015
- Trans-Galactic Tournament Open Beta Begins On PS4 August 4, 2015
- $18 Million Prize Tournament Begins For DOTA 2 August 4, 2015
- Hi-Rez Studios Announce Brand New Title – Paladins August 4, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07