Age Of Conan: Unchained “Very Successful”
The world of premium to free to play games is a strange one, some P2P titles revert to F2P and see a massive improvement, other main stream titles do the same and see the player base dwindle or die completely but in a recent Funcom announcement, it was made clear Age of Conan: Unchained is destined for success. Not only has the player base increased by up to 4x the numbers before the free to play update but Funcom have reported double profits when compared to launch day (where they sold an estimated 1.2 million copies), I think any game company would be happy to make release day profits years after the actual release.
The news has come at a great time for Conan fans as the upcoming film (Scheduled for release August 18th) has inspired all new content updates for AoC: Unchained in the form of The Savage Coast of Turan. This free update will include new areas, monsters and stronger equipment for all classes all directly inspired by the upcoming blockbuster Age of Conan: The Barbarian. The game has obviously seen a huge increase in active players and more can’t be far away with a brand new movie to help boost the franchise, perfect timing.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- XP Event For Star Trek Online Begins Today March 7, 2014
- Player Housing Heading To The Old Republic March 7, 2014
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19