300,000 New Players Enjoy Runescape 3
Following the July 23rd launch Jagex have revealed that Runescape 3′s first month of service has been a huge success. Thousands of players were unable to enjoy the new Battle for Lumbridge due to a technical glitch causing a black screen, but that hasn’t stopped huge numbers of players flooding to the newly released Runescape browser MMO.
“With the Battle of Lumbridge we were looking to give the players a new way to interact with RuneScape and place their mark on the world.” commented Phil Mansell, RuneScape Executive Producer, “We’ve seen over a 150 million votes cast on how the battle campaign should be fought, with players making decision on everything from what kind of reinforcements they get to how they can support their chosen god with buffs and new units. Players have so many ways to affect the current battle, from killing enemies or donating resources to their chosen deity, and it is this player driven dynamic which puts the future of the game very firmly in the players’ hands.“
Supporting the 300,000 new players are 100,00 returning players that have reactivated their Runescape accounts. Already the world record holder as the most popular free browser MMO game, Runescape 3 is set to continue on its already expansive list of features and content.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Goodgame Studios Pleased With Success Of Shadow Kings August 22, 2014
- MU Classic Closed Beta Announced August 22, 2014
- PvE Takes To The Skies In World Of Warplanes August 21, 2014
- Latest Video For The Crew – It’s A Playground August 21, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21